Saturday, December 19, 2015

What Type of Animal Are You?



If you were an animal, what animal would you be?

I stare at the question. I hate this type of question so much. Do they want to know which animal I want to be? Or the animal that best fits my personality? Because those are two completely different answers.

If it is what type of animal I am, then I am a scared porcupine. I am always ready to attack and if you get to close, I won’t hesitate to injure you. My attacks differ from a porcupine’s though. Rather than shooting quills (physical injury), I shoot off my mouth (verbal injury). Either way both attacks leave the victim with a stinging feeling.

If the answer is what type of animal do people see me as, then I would have to guess that they see me as a fox. They see me as clever and charming, but also cunning and manipulative. Everyone carries a certain amount of caution when they are around me. Not many people enjoy being in my company, rather they watch from a safe distance. Then there are others who feel I am a nuisance and do everything in their power to get rid of me, they also keep a certain distance. However, there are those few, who brave getting close to me. They are cautious at first, but they still get close to me. Many of them I ended up hurting and most did not return, however there are those few that still come around to stay with me. Those few have learned that I am not all that I seem; I may be cunning and I may have a sharp mind, but I am also foolish and get caught in my own traps from time to time. They have become my most valuable friends and I couldn’t imagine my life without them.

Lastly, what animal would I want to be? This is a hard question to answer. I don’t know what animal I would want to be. Even if I did, there still remains the question, do I really want to change myself? As much as I know that my personality can hurt those around me, I worry by changing myself to fit an ideal image, will the parts of me that I am actually fond of, disappear? And even if I didn’t worry about such things, I don’t believe that a single animal could define the person that I wish to become. For example, I wish I could be courageous in my daily life, but still have the wisdom to know when I am overstepping my boundaries. I want the freedom to travel whenever and wherever without anything holding me back, but also wish I had the ability to make deep connections with those around me. I want to be intelligent and witty, but not use those talents to hurt and manipulate the people I surround myself with. I want to be able to challenge myself and take risk and not allow myself to get discouraged easily. I want to be kind and gentle, but also know when to speak-up, or be strict with a person. In short, I don’t know what animal I would want to be, it can change just depending on the day and what mood I am in.

All of these answers may be different, however they also show off many different sides to myself, that couldn’t have been known had I simply just picked a single animal to answer this question. So, as much as these questions can give insight to a person’s personality, they are really too vague to give show the whole picture behind a person.

No comments:

Post a Comment